Examining the Effects of Posit Science Programs
on Improving skills and Producing Changes
in Biological Indicators
Posit Science training is clinically proven to significantly increase driving skill and safety.
Study Results on Driving
The visual training technology incorporated into InSight®—our program for visual processing and memory—has been clinically proven to increase driving skill and safety in adults. The improvements people make with Posit Science training generalize, or extend, to real behind-the-wheel driving situations. Studies have also shown that individuals who perform poorly on the Posit Science training program are more likely to be involved in traffic accidents and drive less safely in general. Posit Science trained drivers experience a wide range of driving benefits, including:
- A 40% reduction in unsafe driving maneuvers like unsafe lane changes.
- A 200% average increase in useful field of view — the area over which a person can see without moving his or her eyes or head — making it easier for drivers to see more hazards on the road.
- An increase in reaction time so drivers traveling at 55 m.p.h. can stop 22 feet sooner to avoid collisions.
- Lower overall crash risk.
- An increase in driving confidence so individuals can drive longer, drive in difficult conditions (e.g., at night, in bad weather), and drive more frequently.
Superior, long-lasting benefits
Study data show that Posit Science training is more effective in keeping drivers safe than classroom or behind-the-wheel driver safety training. The safety benefits Posit Science training provides also last longer than traditional driving classes: After 18 months, Posit Science trained drivers were safer than drivers who did other types of safety training.